Friday, January 20, 2012

AWL WANT TO PRESENT A NEW PROJECT 2012

(c) Mia Mattsson 2012

In 2003 I visited Bahrain, NAVY K9 LAter on I wrote about them in one of my books that was published 2006. READ EARLIER ON BLOG

I wrote about the four legged war heros.

Little would I know about Universe/Life that this passion would catch my heart again 2012. A friend Tracey sent me an article about war dogs not being shipped home if they were retired in the war zone. That blew off the chair! (and me)

Let me announce our new project;

Animals Without Limits announces the formation of a fund to transport retired War Dogs back to the US where they can be adopted.

Currently, US Military Working Dogs, who are retired overseas are not transported back to the United States, because they are considered “retired equipment”. However, there is a surplus of people waiting to adopt these heroes, and there is a long waiting period. The cost to transport one of these brave animals to their prospective adoptive parents in the US can be $2500 or more, sometimes putting the adoption out of financial bounds.

Animals Without Limits, a non-profit organization founded in 1999 to assist animals in Chaos, Crisis and War Zones, has established a special fund to help pay the cost of transporting these retired hero-dogs back to the United States to a waiting adoptive family, until the law can be changed that would ensure the government repatriates them before retirement.

For more information, or for information on how to donate, please contact the Executive Director of Animals Without Limits, Ms Mia Mattsson-Mercer, at info@animalswithoutlimits.com

Let me assure you that still Casa dell'AMore Hospice and Napoli Italy AID is our number #1 work and will always be.

This will be a fund and then letting the people fly our hero home, ALL THE WAY!


No comments: