Monday, October 26, 2015

Our Little Joey

 Joey was a very happy stray down in south Italy for many years. At first he didn't want to be someones pet. He loved his freedom and meeting the people that fed him, petted him and then, let him go.
But becoming a Senior on the streets is not easy, especially when the winters cold night making them sicker. WE decided that Joey should have a home.

Joey came to me in my Senior Sanctuary home among 14 other dogs, I think one year ago. He was going to be spayed. I had a check up on him and he had artros on his back spines and on top of everything, leischmania. No one wanted to adopt a Senior with Leischmania. I don't have any problems with that since we have had many dogs and it can be  kept under control if caught in right time.
Ironic, it was not the leischmania that would end his life. He got aggressive cancer that are spreading in his body like fire.

I was crying, since his mind is still very sharp but his body is breaking down.
 Olivia and I took him to the veterinarian and I could see in Dr Hummels eyes that it was not much hope. 5-7 days. We got medicine, painkiller and other things that will help ease some. But when Joey wants to, Dr Hummel will come home and help him over to the other side.

Joey has his bed infront of the fireplace, and it is pate' three times a day. He eats and is very happy and we are happy and thankful for each day we get together with him.

That's Amore!


No comments: