Monday, February 25, 2013

COLUMN IN SWEDISH MAGAZINE NARA

Mia Mattsson-Mercer column from Swedish Magazine NARA, translated into English. FOR SWEDISH CLICK HERE

Last week I received a very nice compliment. A woman visited our hospice to see more of how we work with the sick and old dogs.

Our volunteers welcomed her and showed her around. The woman leaned forward and patted one of our seniors who wagged his tail happily, pleased with the attention.

The woman said: "Many people would kill most of the sick dogs, and even I myself would do it. I am shocked and overwhelmed when I see all these sick and dying dogs walking around like living skeletons. "

The woman looked embarrassed at the senior dogs round stomach and she blushed over her suddenly "honest" statement: "But Mia, she can see their soul and what it can become of them, I admire that. "

It got me thinking, why do not all see the same as me?
We can all see and feel everything that’s alive!
Is it our fear of feeling pain that blocks our vision?
Is it that we are afraid of death and afraid to see the suffering in other living beings?

Street Dogs live a hard life but have humility preserved within. Many dogs are cooped up in cages for several – or many -- years but still have a devotion to life and an affection for mankind. It amazes and can confound many.

I call them my "Mini-Mandela". Imagine Nelson Mandela spent 27 years in prison and came out with great humility and passion that had the power to change many people's thinking, and indeed history.

Often I call street dogs “mini-Buddhists”, because they know how to love unconditionally and humbly.

Perhaps it is because we are afraid of their greatness that we do not accept their greatness, for it would mean that we must take a stand. Consider changing the condemnation of others.

I love my job even though it is often hard work, with tears and despair. But it's wonderful to see new volunteers be surprised when they see a dog that has previously been severely injured, come wagging his tail, now fully healthy.

Seeing volunteers get the “ Ah ha!” experience that animals can be rescued no matter how horrible their situation may seem to be. In both good and bad, many of us are protected from seeing evil, but it is out there and also within ourselves.

But evil can make us grow and develop, or we may stand still out off fear. One of my teachers from my early youth said, "thank your enemies every day, it is they that will make you grow."

But children and animals never ask you for anything back. They accept the help graciously because they know already the knowledge since they are in harmony with the energies from the Universe.

Animals and children allow me to grow in terms of knowledge when they show the "problems" at once. I grow only if I listen, of course - if I have the time to listen.

A mom came to me with her dog. I realized immediately that the dog and its owner did not listen to each other. The dog ‘s mind was in a different world. The owners energies were at high voltage, "You must say to Robin that if he does not start listening to me, I must get rid of him." A weariness and despair welled up in the lady. I realized I had to work with the owner, not the dog.

Sometimes we do not hear in ourselves what we think and it creates confusion in the energies that also affect our environment, even our four-legged friend. No one else is responsible for our fears or thoughts, but if we dare to look at our fears and hear our thoughts, it will open the same humility and unconditional love held by the street dogs.

Balance, and the colors of all our senses will open up and the sixth sense can work undisturbed. Frequency signals will be stronger for the recipients and the changes can begin. Courage and clarity can walk further along Mother Earth’s streets. Just like the street dogs’ harmony with intuition, instinct and intelligence.

That’s Amore

No comments: