Wednesday, March 18, 2009

AWL News

Animals Without Limits receives interesting requests from people around the world. Let me share two of them;

"I'm a vet, worked in a private clinic in Israel for 4 years and currently I'm doing a shelter medicine internship with the University of Florida, USA. I thought maybe I can volunteer [with you] later on, after my internship ends, on September 2009 for a period. If it is something we can do we can meet in April, to discuss it. I'm very into animal welfare, early spay and neuter programs and infectious diseases."

And this summer one hard working animal worker will come down and help us out. Her resume is very interesting. She went to the Philippines to rescue dogs in slaughterhouses, thousands of dogs waiting in terrible conditions to be slaughtered in a harmful way.

Back home in Stockholm, she and her best friend run a dog cafe. It is in a very wealthy area, I used to live there, so I know that many women wear fur. So I love the sign on their door "Here only the dog wears fur"

More news will come up later!

No comments: