Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Horse Beating

On my way out to the veterinarian clinic yesterday, I saw a horse with a buggy and three big men sitting inside it. Coming towards me on the same small narrow road, I pulled to the side and waited, I didn't want the horse to be scared by my big Suburban.

The young horse were trotting, with a body shape like a half moon, trying to escape the brutal whips she got from one of the big men behind her. The horse tried to slow down while passing me, and the man whipped her harder on her back, and back legs.

The three men looked at me while passing, and I yelled "Basta, basta!" (stop!stop!)

With tears in my eyes I saw the man walk off the buggy, and while holding the horse he whipped her as hard as he possible could.

It is not many times I pray, but at that moment I prayed with tears in my heart, for more Amore!

After I wrote this I read my Swedish newspaper. There it was an article about beating and scaring trotters to trot faster on asphalt. It was posted on YouTube and behind you can see motorcycles drive and scare the horses to trot faster. Along the way stands bystanders watching, this is the new sport. The horses are kidnapped from Italian trainers and later on used in illegal street racing in Italy.


This is no human Amore!

No comments: