Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pet Adoption Drama Queens

Reasons have been many why I haven't gotten a chance recently to write on my blog every day as I normally do.

Finally some things have been solved, and some have to be followed up. It's been busy on my phone from some drama queens about their adopted dog(s) --even if we do not have adoption as our priority number one mission. We are working with animals' health, that is our number one priority.

Some disappointed "drama" phone calls with high-drama in their voice --- they cannot handle the dog they brought into their home a couple of weeks or months ago!

I cannot help smiling a little in the middle of frustration, they are calling me --- who has 6 dogs and 2 small children and a giant house --- oh I forgot to mention my husband, too. The expectation they have is for me to drop everything and go and get the dog that is taking up their time and house.

I understand that it takes time, sure I do, mopping the floor twice a day....but what I don't get is how their thought process is working when they bring in the dog for the first time to their home? Where did the joy go walking the dog, having a friend, someone that is always happy when you return home?

I have never in my life heard so many people complain and seem to be expecting the stray(s) to be thankful to them for bringing them in a home!

Instead of helping to solve their problem with them, they expect Animals Without Limits to solve their problem (not the dog who is having a problem adjusting to these people that first claimed to love them and now see them only as a burden). Its amazing those that have adopted with the support or assistance of AWL, think that AWL owes them something special when it isn't "happily ever after". And everyone wants to discard the dog, not modify the environment to adapt to the new reality. Does anyone ever blame the priest or reverend, or seek some sort of special treatment from the church when their marriage ends in divorce???

In other news, we haven't found the owner to the Dalmatian "Oscar" yet, but he is doing fantastic at his foster home.

Stop whining and help out solving the problem and we can have more Amore time for so many other things. No one likes drama queens!

No comments: