Sunday, June 12, 2016

CHAINED ANIMALS IN THE HUMAN WORLD








Some of you have asked if I cannot translate my columns that I write for Magazine Nara. Here is my latest. Happy Reading!

Chained Animals in the Human World

He stood frozen with a thick chain around his neck. The beautiful Rottweiler’s neck weighed down and I could feel his pain along his entire back. Our eyes met!
I could not understand why the owner kept him chained and locked up in a cage! Despite the dull eyes he did radiate a strong wisdom. I feel a strong despair about chained animals, for all animals that are being held in captivity. 

Suddenly I heard an inner voice from him:
"You people show more fears than any other animal on this planet. You want to own and claim the lives of those who radiate love and wisdom. Your fears go on for generations and wont end until every single person says stop.
We animals have an important role in your life. Together!
What comes out from you affects the chain of life. It affects your neighbor, zoos, families, friends, strangers and most importantly, children."

My daughter Olivia, was maybe three or four years old, when she went a couple of hours a week to an Italian kindergarten. One day the Kindergarten would go to the circus. My heart clenched. I did not want Olivia to go there, the circus used live animals. I expressed my despair to a good friend.
"Mia let her go there and get her own impression. If she does not get to go, it will be even more difficult for her to understand all the children's joy the next day in school. She will feel excluded. In addition, she will never learn to argue either, " said my wise friend.
It was with a fake smile, I waved goodbye to the happy children at the school bus. A few hours later I picked Olivia up at the schoolyard. She was walking towards me with her head bowed. Her little arms hugged me, "Mom, it was so horrible to see these animals, they do not feel good!"
My eyes filled with tears, I whispered quietly, thank you universe, and to my friend and to my wise little daughter Olivia.

You're probably wondering what happened to the Rottweiler? I tried to talk to the owner of the Rottweiler and the police, but they all looked at me with empty, bland eyes. One night, "someone" cut the padlock and the neck chain with a bolt cutter. Today King lives at an unknown location with protected identity.
That’s Amore!

You can also read it on TIDNINGEN NARA in Swedish

No comments: