Thursday, September 4, 2008

New AWL Project: Dusty

"Dustflake". Copyright (c) 2008 Ylva Drougge-Mercer



A couple of days ago I got a phone call from my friend --- and AWL-worker --- Ylva. With her bubbly voice she told me about her new "friend" a small skinny young female that was hanging around her street and gate. I told her to give this female dog water but not too close to her house or the dog would soon move in.

Ylva did so. Later I got a phone call, same exited voice, "Oh! She is so cute, I think I will feed her."

The next day, another even more exited phone call; "I have her in our garden, she is so lovely to me and my family. I want to give her something in return." Later, "I want to take her to the veterinarian and boost her health up, and fur and then take care of her."

Said and done! I made an reservation at the veterinarian station and picked up Ylva and "Dustflake" (don't worry, it is a working name) and drove her out to Lega Pro Animale where she will stay for three days getting sterilized, vaccinated, her leg checked... well, tutti.

"Dustflake" chose a great family with a lot of Amore! Dogs know these things!





No comments: